YORKTOWN, N.Y. - A 17-year-old Queens resident was charged with petty larceny after police said he stole $861.79 worth of hair care products from CVS on Commerce Street.
The incident occurred on Aug. 16, but police were unable to find the suspect and applied for an arrest warrant. On Dec. 21, the teen was arrested by the NYPD on unrelated charges and learned of the warrant, the report said. The teen was taken to Yorktown Police Headquarters for processing.
He was released to a family member on $2,500 bail and is scheduled to return to court 6 p.m. Thursday.
In other blotter news:
- Richard Brito, 34, of the Bronx, was charged with aggravated unlicensed operation of the vehicle, a misdemeanor, for driving with a suspended license, police said. Brito was charged on Dec. 29 after his car became stuck in snow while trying to turn around in a Curry Street driveway, according to the report. A routine check with the Department of Motor Vehicles revealed that his driver's license was suspended, police said. He was released on $250 bail and is due back in court at 6 p.m., Feb. 12.
- 1 Yorktown Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester
- 2 Accidents Reported On Taconic State Parkway, Bear Mountain Bridge Road
- 3 Yorktown Central Schools Closed, Lakeland Will Have Early Dismissal
- 4 Storm System Departs Yorktown, Snow Could Return Thursday
- 5 Cuomo Implements Full Travel Ban, Declares State Of Emergency