YORKTOWN, N.Y. - A 17-year-old Hopewell Junction resident is facing multiple misdemeanor charges after police said he punched a male victim in the face in a Shrub Oak parking lot.
The teen -- whose name was withheld by police -- was accused of punching the victim on Friday in the Shrub Oak Plaza parking lot at 1426 E. Main St., according to the report. He voluntarily appeared at Police Headquarters the next day and was charged with assault in the third-degree and criminal mischief in third degree.
The suspect was arraigned and released without bail.
In other police blotter news:
- Cynthia Garcia, 45, of Montrose, was charged Jan. 8 with misdemeanor petty larceny after she was accused of shoplifting $79 worth of merchandise from Sears, Yorktown police said. She was released without bail and is scheduled to return to court on Feb. 21.
- A 25-year-old Cortlandt Manor man was arrested Thursday on a bench warrant that was issued after police said he failed to appear in court on Jan. 3 on a disorderly conduct charge. The man voluntarily surrendered and was taken to Yorktown Justice Court, where he paid a fine to dispose of the case.
- 1 9-, 11-Year-Old Mohegan Lake Boys Charged In Burglaries
- 2 Man Is Charged With Shooting Arrows At Mohegan Lake Adult Home Employee
- 3 Body Found In Hudson River Near West Point
- 4 Lakeland/Panas Product Takes Maryland To NCAA Women's Final Four
- 5 Deer Defense Group Sues Westchester County To Halt Hunting Plans