YORKTOWN, N.Y. ‒ Two Yorktown men are facing felony charges for allegedly shooting at hunters who wandered onto their property, police said.
The hunters were reportedly tracking a deer through woods near Chapman Road around 9 p.m. Friday when they entered the property of Richard Padovani, 45, and Ronald Padovani, 46. The Padovanis allegedly fired numerous shotgun and rifle rounds in the direction of the hunters, according to the police report. The firearms were found at the property and turned over to the police.
Both men were charged with reckless endangerment in the first degree, a felony, and processed and arraigned at Yorktown Justice Court. They were released on $1,500 bail each and are due back in court Tuesday at 6 p.m.
In other blotter news:
- James Jackman, 20, of Yorktown, was charged with petty larceny on Oct. 27 for allegedly shoplifting from Macy's in the Jefferson Valley Mall, police said. Jackman was accused of leaving the store around 6:30 p.m. without paying for a sweatshirt valued at $19.98. He was processed at police headquarters and is scheduled to answer to the charge on Nov. 29 at 6 p.m.
- An 18-year-old Putnam Valley resident was charged with making a false statement to police and lying about being in possession of stolen property, police said. The items were reported stolen from Brookstone in the Jefferson Valley Mall on Oct. 24, and the 18-year-old, whose name was withheld, reportedly told police he did not have any of the items, which police believed to be untrue, according to the report. The suspect was charged with criminal possession of stolen property in the fifth degree, a misdemeanor, and making a false written statement, a misdemeanor. He was released on $1,000 bail and is scheduled to return to court on Nov. 27 at 6 p.m.
- 1 Slippery Roads Cause Numerous Accidents Throughout Westchester
- 2 Yorktown Man Driving 95 MPH Charged With DWI, Police Say
- 3 Yorktown Central School District Will Be Closed Wednesday
- 4 Yorktown Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 5 Westchester's Highest Snowfall Totals Are Expected North Of I-287