YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- Yorktown Police rescued an 86-year-old man with dementia from a ditch on Sunday, Jan. 19 thanks to a tracking device, according to Patch.com.
The man was wearing a bracelet that is connected to a tracking service called Project Lifesaver. The bracelet emitted a radio signal when he wondered away from his home, and police were able to track him down within 30 minutes, Patch.com reported.
- 1 Fiery Head-On Collision Leads To DWI Charges For Two Yorktown Residents
- 2 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Yorktown
- 4 Knife-Wielding Mohegan Lake Man Threatens Good Samaritan, Say Police
- 5 NYPD Officers' Ambush-Style Killings Spark Outrage In Westchester