YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- Yorktown Police rescued an 86-year-old man with dementia from a ditch on Sunday, Jan. 19 thanks to a tracking device, according to Patch.com.
The man was wearing a bracelet that is connected to a tracking service called Project Lifesaver. The bracelet emitted a radio signal when he wondered away from his home, and police were able to track him down within 30 minutes, Patch.com reported.
- 1 Second Arrest Made In Animal Cruelty Case Involving Mohegan Lake Pet Shop Owner
- 2 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 3 Serious Accident Takes Out Two Lanes On Taconic State Parkway
- 4 Police Officer From Mohegan Lake Sues Shoe Manufacturer After Injury
- 5 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Yorktown