YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- Yorktown Police rescued an 86-year-old man with dementia from a ditch on Sunday, Jan. 19 thanks to a tracking device, according to Patch.com.
The man was wearing a bracelet that is connected to a tracking service called Project Lifesaver. The bracelet emitted a radio signal when he wondered away from his home, and police were able to track him down within 30 minutes, Patch.com reported.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 3 Yorktown Celebrates Class Of 2015 With Graduation At SUNY Purchase
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Men Shot, Killed Before Hutchinson River Parkway Crash ID'd