YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- Yorktown Police arrested a Jefferson Valley man and charged him with multiple counts, including possession of heroin, police officials said.
David C. Vazquez, 26, was being investigated in connection with a stolen vehicle. That investigation led to Vazquez being accused of stealing a debit card from a purse and making approximately $1,180 worth of unauthorized purchases on it, Yorktown Police said.
When he was arrested, he was accused of being in possession of heroin.
Vazquez was charged with seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, third-degree unauthorized use of a motor vehicle and fourth-degree grand larceny.
He was being held at Westchester County Jail on $10,000 bail, police said.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 3 Yorktown Celebrates Class Of 2015 With Graduation At SUNY Purchase
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Five Yorktown Residents Elected To Play In Brine Academy