YORKTOWN, N.Y. - A 46-year-old Yorktown man was arrested Thursday and charged with running from a police officer, the department said.
The officer said he attempted to stop Michael Chapins on Oct. 21 for speeding with his motorcycle, according to the report. Chapins allegedly refused to stop and continued to drive away from the officer.
The officer said he followed Chapins to Evergreen Street, where he reportedly left his motorcycle and began to run on foot. Police could not locate Chapins at the scene.
Chapins voluntarily appeared at police headquarters Thursday and was charged with unlawfully fleeing a police officer in a motor vehicle, a misdemeanor, aggravated unlicensed operation, a misdemeanor and a litany of traffic violations, police said.
Chapins was processed and released on $500 bail. He is scheduled to return to court on Dec. 4 at 6 p.m.
In other blotter news:
- Kimberly Zilempe, 33, of Mahopac, was charged Friday with petty larceny for allegedly attempting to leave Sears without paying for nearly $300 in jewelry, police said. She was processed at police headquarters and released on $100 bail. She is scheduled to return to court on Dec. 4 at 6 p.m.
- A few hours later, Katherine Salyer, 50, of Croton-on-Hudson, was also charged with petty larceny for allegedly attempting to shoplift from a different Jefferson Valley Mall store, police said. Salyer allegedly exited Macy's without paying a $45 wallet. She was processed at police headquarters and released on $400 bail. She is scheduled to return to court on Dec. 4 at 6 p.m.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 Man, Two Women, Charged In Jefferson Valley Mall Parking Lot Heroin Bust
- 3 Yorktown Family Looking For Missing Dog Zero
- 4 Man Breaks Nose Of Former Employee, Yorktown Police Say
- 5 Yorktown Man Who Crashes Into Pole Charged With DWI, Police Say