YORKTOWN, N.Y. – Three South Carolina residents are facing felony charges after they were found sleeping in a car that was reported stolen, Yorktown police said.
An officer on routine patrol came across the parked car Thursday morning on Access Road. The officer checked the car and found that it had been reported stolen in Massachusetts, according to the report. Two counterfeit $20 bills were also found in the car.
Jordan Shirey, 18, Justice Washell, 16, and Gail Bullett, 29, were each charged with criminal possession of stolen property in the third degree, a felony, and criminal possession of a forged instrument in the first degree, a felony.
The three were arraigned in Yorktown Justice Court and sent to Westchester County Jail in lieu of $10,000 bail each. They are scheduled to return to court Thursday at 6 p.m.
In other police blotter news:
- Two teenage boys at the Phoenix Academy were charged with misdemeanor assault Sunday after neing accused of attacking another resident, police said. The attack happened the day prior when the two teens allegedly punched and injured the victim. A 16-year-old from the Bronx and an 18-year-old from Queens were both charged with assault in the third degree, a misdemeanor. They were arraigned in Yorktown Justice Court and transferred to Westchester County Bail in lieu of $2,500 bail. They are scheduled to return to court Thursday at 6 p.m.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Yorktown, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 18 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Yorktown; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Yorktown
- 5 Accidents Reported On Taconic State Parkway, Bear Mountain Bridge Road