YORKTOWN, N.Y. – Yorktown Police arrested a man and charged him with assault stemming from a domestic incident, according to police.
Kong Kyu Kim, 79, of Yorktown was arrested outside his residence and charged with assault in the third degree and criminal obstruction of breathing or circulation, both misdemeanors, according to police.
Yorktown Police received a call from the Westchester County Medical Center reporting that a female resident from Beaver Ridge Apartments in Yorktown was being treated for injuries resulting from a domestic incident on June 24, at about 4:13 p.m., according to police.
Officer Timothy Kolkmann and Detective Brian Shanahan were assigned to the case and their investigation revealed that on June 19 at 10 p.m., Kim allegedly punched and chocked a female, causing bruising and swelling to her face while at the Beaver Ridge Apartments, 1965 Allen Ave., according to police.
Following his arrest and processing, Kim was arranged and served with a temporary order of protection and released without bail.
- 1 Police Warn Residents To Be On Lookout For Bear In Yorktown
- 2 Father Charged After Incident With Varsity Lacrosse Coach At Mahopac HS
- 3 Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 4 Snow Could Be Returning To Yorktown
- 5 Serious Accident Takes Out Two Lanes On Taconic In Jefferson Valley