YORKTOWN HEIGHTS, N.Y. -- Yorktown police have arrested and charged Monica I. Persad, a 30-year-old Richmond Hills, N.Y., resident, on charges of driving while intoxicated and failure to maintain lane, a traffic infraction, on Saturday, Aug. 2.
Police were on routine patrol when an officer observed a vehicle failing to maintain its traffic lane on Route 118 at approximately 3:20 a.m. on Saturday, Aug. 2, according to police.
Police said the officer on duty stopped the vehicle on Route 202 and identified Persad as the driver. After an investigation, Persad was arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated, according to police.
Persad was transported to Yorktown Police headquarters for processing. She was released without bail to a family member. Persad is scheduled to appear in court on Tuesday, Sept. 2, at 6 p.m. for arraignment.
- 1 15-Year-Old Yorktown Boy Charged With Making Threat Against School
- 2 Dante's III In Yorktown Heights Is Changing Owners
- 3 Police Locate Threats Against Yorktown, LI Schools Made On Yik Yak App
- 4 Three Mohegan Lake Youths Charged With Ransacking Islamic Center
- 5 Report: Peekskill HS Coach Resigned After Teen Alleged Sex Act