YORKTOWN HEIGHTS, N.Y. -- Yorktown police have arrested and charged Monica I. Persad, a 30-year-old Richmond Hills, N.Y., resident, on charges of driving while intoxicated and failure to maintain lane, a traffic infraction, on Saturday, Aug. 2.
Police were on routine patrol when an officer observed a vehicle failing to maintain its traffic lane on Route 118 at approximately 3:20 a.m. on Saturday, Aug. 2, according to police.
Police said the officer on duty stopped the vehicle on Route 202 and identified Persad as the driver. After an investigation, Persad was arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated, according to police.
Persad was transported to Yorktown Police headquarters for processing. She was released without bail to a family member. Persad is scheduled to appear in court on Tuesday, Sept. 2, at 6 p.m. for arraignment.
- 1 Mohegan Lake Man, Pastoral Council VP, Faces Child Porn Charges
- 2 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 3 Man Charged With Forcible Touching In Yorktown
- 4 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 5 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl