YORKTOWN HEIGHTS, N.Y. -- Yorktown police have arrested and charged Monica I. Persad, a 30-year-old Richmond Hills, N.Y., resident, on charges of driving while intoxicated and failure to maintain lane, a traffic infraction, on Saturday, Aug. 2.
Police were on routine patrol when an officer observed a vehicle failing to maintain its traffic lane on Route 118 at approximately 3:20 a.m. on Saturday, Aug. 2, according to police.
Police said the officer on duty stopped the vehicle on Route 202 and identified Persad as the driver. After an investigation, Persad was arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated, according to police.
Persad was transported to Yorktown Police headquarters for processing. She was released without bail to a family member. Persad is scheduled to appear in court on Tuesday, Sept. 2, at 6 p.m. for arraignment.
- 1 Motorcyclist, 29, Killed In Taconic State Parkway Crash In Yorktown Is ID'd
- 2 Yorktown's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Weekly Poll: Political '14
- 4 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 5 Yorktown Student Is Basis Of Discussion At Pleasantville's Jacob Burns