YORKTOWN, N.Y. – Yorktown police urge residents to take extra precaution with items left in parked cars following seven reported break-ins in Jefferson Valley earlier this week, Lt. Robert Noble said.
All the break-ins occurred Monday between 9:30 and 10:30 a.m. in the Club Fit parking lot on Bank Road, Noble said.
The thieves gained entrance by smashing the cars' windows. There is currently no suspect, and the break-ins remain under investigation.
While motorists should not leave items out in plain sight, Noble said they can protect themselves further by securing valuables in the trunk, or not leave them in a car at all. Hiding valuables under car seats may not be enough to deter some criminals, he said.
"You can help us out and you can help yourself out," he said. "Be alert to your surroundings."
Any information or suspicious activity should be reported to police headquarters at 914-962-4141.
- 1 Man Charged With Driving Four Times Legal Limit In Route 6 Stop
- 2 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 3 Yorktown's Bruce Apar Set To Appear On Investigation Discovery
- 4 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 5 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says