YORKTOWN, N.Y. - A report of smoke emerging from a Baptist Church Road basement Saturday allegedly led police to discover a homegrown pot operation, the department said.
Yorktown police and fire departments responded to the home around 10:43 p.m. An investigation by the Westchester County Cause and Origin team allegedly revealed the smoke was cause by the failure of a high-intensity light used in marijuana growth, according to the police report. Police allegedly discovered at least 12 pounds of marijuana inside the residence.
Steve Sabba, 55, was charged with criminal possession of marijuana in the first degree, a class C felony. He was processed at Yorktown Justice Court and released on $2,500 bail. Sabba is due back in court March 28.
- 1 Police Warn Residents To Be On Lookout For Bear In Yorktown
- 2 Father Charged After Incident With Varsity Lacrosse Coach At Mahopac HS
- 3 Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 4 Snow Could Be Returning To Yorktown
- 5 Serious Accident Takes Out Two Lanes On Taconic In Jefferson Valley