YORKTOWN, N.Y. ‒ A 42-year-old Yonkers woman has been sentenced to six months in Westchester County Jail for failing to appear for her court date, police said.
Madeline Lucre was scheduled to appear in court on Sept. 6 to answer misdemeanor petty larceny charges. When she failed to show, a bench warrant was issued for her arrest. She was arrested Thursday and sentenced to the jail term.
In other blotter news:
- An 18-year-old Phoenix Academy resident was charged Thursday with third-degree assault for allegedly punching a 16-year-old in the face, police said. The 18-year-old, who is from White Plains, is accused of repeatedly hitting the other Phoenix Academy resident, causing swelling and bruising. He was remanded to Westchester County Jail on $250 bail.
- 1 Police Warn Residents To Be On Lookout For Bear In Yorktown
- 2 Father Charged After Incident With Varsity Lacrosse Coach At Mahopac HS
- 3 Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Taconic State Parkway
- 4 Serious Accident Takes Out Two Lanes On Taconic In Jefferson Valley
- 5 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show