YORKTOWN, N.Y. ‒ A 42-year-old Yonkers woman has been sentenced to six months in Westchester County Jail for failing to appear for her court date, police said.
Madeline Lucre was scheduled to appear in court on Sept. 6 to answer misdemeanor petty larceny charges. When she failed to show, a bench warrant was issued for her arrest. She was arrested Thursday and sentenced to the jail term.
In other blotter news:
- An 18-year-old Phoenix Academy resident was charged Thursday with third-degree assault for allegedly punching a 16-year-old in the face, police said. The 18-year-old, who is from White Plains, is accused of repeatedly hitting the other Phoenix Academy resident, causing swelling and bruising. He was remanded to Westchester County Jail on $250 bail.
- 1 Police Charge Yorktown Woman In Fraud Case After Facebook Tip
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Stepson Of Schools Superintendent
- 4 State Police Charge Pair In Route 35 DWI Checkpoint
- 5 Rain Could Spoil July 4 Events, Celebrations In Yorktown