YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- Yorktown Police will soon be hiring a new officer dedicated to drug enforcement so that the undercover narcotics unit can be reinstated, according to a Patch report.
Inactive since 2009 because of a lack of manpower, the unit seeks to resume pursuing drug dealers in the area fulltime, the article said.
Most drug arrests now are dependent upon evidence found during traffic stops, the report said.
Read the full Patch report here.
- 1 Yorktown Man, 66, Charged With Distributing Crystal Meth
- 2 Yorktown Woman Faces DWI, Drug Possession Charges
- 3 Investigators Awaiting Toxicology Report In Death Of 6-Year-Old Lacey Carr
- 4 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 5 Airbag Recall Is Largest Ever In Auto History