YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- Yorktown Police will soon be hiring a new officer dedicated to drug enforcement so that the undercover narcotics unit can be reinstated, according to a Patch report.
Inactive since 2009 because of a lack of manpower, the unit seeks to resume pursuing drug dealers in the area fulltime, the article said.
Most drug arrests now are dependent upon evidence found during traffic stops, the report said.
Read the full Patch report here.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Fiery Head-On Collision Leads To DWI Charges For Two Yorktown Residents
- 3 Mohegan Lake Man Breaks Nose Of Former Employee, Police Say
- 4 Yorktown Man Who Crashes Into Pole Charged With DWI, Police Say
- 5 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Yorktown