YORKTOWN, N.Y. – A Yorktown teen was arrested Sept. 2 for allegedly driving while under the influence of drugs and alcohol, police said.
Jason Goldberg, 19, was stopped by police on Route 6 around 1:25 a.m. for reportedly weaving in the traffic lanes and failing to signal. During the traffic stop, police determined Goldberg’s ability allegedly was impaired by drugs and alcohol.
Goldberg was charged with driving while ability impaired by drugs, a misdemeanor, and driving while ability impaired by alcohol, a traffic violation. He also was given three other traffic violations for an unsafe lane change, failure to keep right, and failure to signal. He was released without bail to a parent and is due back in court Oct. 2.
In other police news:
- Praveen Kuniyil, 42, of Cortlandt Manor, was arrested Monday morning for allegedly driving with a suspended registration. Kuniyil was pulled over on Lexington Avenue around 9:09 a.m. for reportedly speeding in a school zone. A check of the vehicle’s registration showed it was suspended for an alleged insurance lapse. He was processed on the misdemeanor charge and released on $100 bail.
- A 15-year-old Queens boy is facing adult misdemeanor criminal mischief charges for allegedly damaging property Tuesday morning at the Phoenix Academy in Shrub Oak, police said. The teen, who is a temporary resident of the academy, allegedly punched a glass door and broke it. He was released to Phoenix Academy staff and given a ticket to appear at the Westchester County Department of Probation on Sept. 25.
- Francisco Panjon, 35, of Ossining, was arrested Thursday morning for allegedly driving with a suspended registration, a suspended license and for having an open container of alcohol in his car, police said. Panjon was stopped on Route 134 around 4:50 p.m. for reportedly speeding. Police said they then performed a check and learned his license and registration had been suspended. Police allegedly also found an open bottle of alcohol in the car. Panjon was released on $200 bail and is scheduled to return to court Oct. 11.
- 1 Police Officer From Mohegan Lake Sues Shoe Manufacturer After Injury
- 2 Stoneleigh Avenue Crash Victim Seriously Injured
- 3 Billionaire Yorktown Resident, Philanthropist Jerome Kohlberg Dies
- 4 Police Activity Results In Closure Of Route 6N
- 5 Man Charged With DWI After Head-On Collision On Bear Mountain Bridge Road