YORKTOWN HEIGHTS, N.Y. – The Yorktown Police Department is advising motorists that roadways will be closed for the duration of the Yorktown Parks and Recreation Department’s Christmas Light Parade on Sunday, Dec. 7, scheduled to begin at 6:30 p.m.
To provide safety for parade participants and spectators, the following roadways will be closed from about 6 p.m. until the conclusion of the parade:
- Front Street at Underhill Avenue.
- Commerce Street from Kear Street to Veterans Road.
- Veterans Road from Commerce Street to Maple Street.
- Kear Street at Underhill Avenue.
- Downing Drive at Commerce Street.
- Hanover Road at Commerce Street.
The parade will begin on Front Street near the Yorktown Highway Department and will travel west on Underhill Avenue to the intersection with Commerce Street. The parade will continue north on Commerce Street to Veterans Road, concluding with tree-lighting ceremonies at the Yorktown Community Cultural Center.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.