YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- Students from Yorktown's Crompond Elementary School will present designs to executives from the Ford Motor Company for a new eco-friendly car that will meet the needs of the 2030 market.
Ben Messmer, Ford 2013 Mustang Designer and Moray Callum, Vice President of Design for Global Product will be on hand to see presentations from Crompond's fourth and fifth graders who have been researching and designing their vehicles for two months.
The idea was born in 2007 when eachers from Yorktown wrote a proposal to Callum, who then became intrigued by the idea of having students design three-dimensional eco-friendly cars.
The presentation will take place at Crompond Elementary School, 2901 Manor Street, at 6 p.m.
- 1 Police Seek Public's Help In Search For Missing Yorktown Woman, 43
- 2 Serious Accident Reported On Taconic State Parkway
- 3 Stop & Shop Issues Recall For Several Frozen Food Items
- 4 WABC-TV Reporter Lisa Colagrossi Of Stamford Dies At 49
- 5 State Police Search For Suspect In Cortlandt Gas Station Robbery