YORKTOWN HEIGHTS, N.Y. -- The Yorktown Central School District will host a community forum to discuss the possibility of a full school day for children in kindergarten on Wednesday, Feb. 12 at 7 p.m. in the Yorktown High School Auditorium.
This forum is part of an ongoing process to inform the community about the initiative which is part of the Superintendent’s action plan.
The community is invited to listen and give input before making a recommendation that the Board of Education should include plans for a full-day kindergarten program within the 2014-2015 budget.
Pre-registration is required and can be done online before the event or if necessary, on-site directly at the event.
The program will run for an hour. Submit questions during registration or email them in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, Feb. 11 at 3 p.m.
- 1 Mohegan Lake Pet Store Owner Charged With Animal Cruelty
- 2 Trump's Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On His Northern Westchester Estate
- 3 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd
- 4 Yorktown's Amanda Saccomanno Survives 'WWE Tough Enough' Elimination
- 5 Westchester Native Killed In Taconic Parkway Crash Was Jungle Explorer