YORKTOWN, N.Y. – Only one budgeted "snow day" remains for the Lakeland Central School District following Wednesday's cancellation, according to James VanDevelede, the district's media manager.
Missing two more days would cause Lakeland students to fall below the state requirement, and the district would have to take days away from its spring recess, scheduled from March 25 to 29.
Lakeland has already changed Feb. 15 and May 24 to student instruction days. The dates were previously slated to be superintendent's conference days.
- 1 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash
- 2 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 3 Somers Businessman Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud
- 4 Westchester Customers Could Be Affected By Home Depot Credit Card Breach
- 5 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway