YORKTOWN, N.Y. – Only one budgeted "snow day" remains for the Lakeland Central School District following Wednesday's cancellation, according to James VanDevelede, the district's media manager.
Missing two more days would cause Lakeland students to fall below the state requirement, and the district would have to take days away from its spring recess, scheduled from March 25 to 29.
Lakeland has already changed Feb. 15 and May 24 to student instruction days. The dates were previously slated to be superintendent's conference days.
- 1 Police Warn Residents To Be On Lookout For Bear In Yorktown
- 2 Two Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation
- 3 Snow Could Be Returning To Yorktown
- 4 State Police Search For Suspect In Cortlandt Gas Station Robbery
- 5 Father Charged After Incident With Varsity Lacrosse Coach At Mahopac HS