YORKTOWN, N.Y. – Only one budgeted "snow day" remains for the Lakeland Central School District following Wednesday's cancellation, according to James VanDevelede, the district's media manager.
Missing two more days would cause Lakeland students to fall below the state requirement, and the district would have to take days away from its spring recess, scheduled from March 25 to 29.
Lakeland has already changed Feb. 15 and May 24 to student instruction days. The dates were previously slated to be superintendent's conference days.
- 1 Assemblyman Katz Calls For Speaker Silver To Resign
- 2 Yorktown Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Yorktown, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Yorktown
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow