YORKTOWN, N.Y. – Only one budgeted "snow day" remains for the Lakeland Central School District following Wednesday's cancellation, according to James VanDevelede, the district's media manager.
Missing two more days would cause Lakeland students to fall below the state requirement, and the district would have to take days away from its spring recess, scheduled from March 25 to 29.
Lakeland has already changed Feb. 15 and May 24 to student instruction days. The dates were previously slated to be superintendent's conference days.
- 1 Lockout Lifted At Peekskill Schools After Shooting Reported In Area
- 2 Westchester School Districts Reporting High Opt-Out Rates
- 3 Tractor-Trailer Carrying Fuel Crashes On Route 6N, Igniting Fire
- 4 Opt-Out Debate Rages As State Testing Begins In Westchester
- 5 Two Yorktown Men Charged With Marijuana Possession