YORKTOWN, N.Y. – Only one budgeted "snow day" remains for the Lakeland Central School District following Wednesday's cancellation, according to James VanDevelede, the district's media manager.
Missing two more days would cause Lakeland students to fall below the state requirement, and the district would have to take days away from its spring recess, scheduled from March 25 to 29.
Lakeland has already changed Feb. 15 and May 24 to student instruction days. The dates were previously slated to be superintendent's conference days.
- 1 Mysterious UFO Still Vexes Yorktown Police Officer
- 2 New Yorkers Urged To Protect Children From Dangerous Respiratory Virus
- 3 CDC Warns Respiratory Virus May Be Linked To Mysterious Paralysis
- 4 Facebook Tip Leads To Arrests In Burglary At Route 6 Pizzeria
- 5 Westchester Residents Warned About Tax Rebate Scam