YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- The Justice League Mock Trial Club of Yorktown High School recently won its third round of competition in the 2014 New York Statewide High School Mock Trial Tournament in Westchester County .
The Yorktown High team will compete in the final four for Westchester County on Thursday, April 3, at state Supreme Court in White Plains.
This year the mock trial fact pattern is a criminal case about fracking titled The People of the State of New York vs. Penn Hydra Gas and Mitchell Tomley, chief executive officer.
The Yorktown Justice League comprises Yorktown seniors, juniors and sophomores. Cameron Cushner and Megan Metz, both seniors, are co-presidents of the Yorktown Justice League Mock Trial Club.
Student members are Joe Bisaccia, Arbina Camaj, Daniel DelBene, Jesse Horowitz, Emma Kaishian, Gabriella Landicino, Brendan Lawlor, Sahil Mohan, Jesse Sloane, Jordan Tessler and Anthony White, along with alternates Tim Forbes, Michael Resko and Rich Campanaro.
- 1 Mohegan Lake Pet Store Owner Charged With Animal Cruelty
- 2 Yorktown's Amanda Saccomanno Survives 'WWE Tough Enough' Elimination
- 3 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 4 Mohegan Lake Man Faces DWI Charge After Crash
- 5 10 License Violators In Westchester Fined By State Liquor Authority