YORKTOWN, N.Y. — Yorktown High School will show off its newly renovated track and new press box Saturday with a grand opening ceremony.
Board of Education members, administration, press box donor and builder Rich Giannasca of Hull Construction and Restoration, Yorktown Huskers Sport Club, Yorktown Athletic Club, KSQ Architects, and construction managers Arris Contracting will attend the 8:30 a.m. ceremony.
It will take place on the track, just before the Big Chill track and field event begins at 9 a.m.
"We want to thank the community for their continual support of the districtwide infrastructure improvements, and all those involved in the very generous donation of the press box, especially Rich Giannasca, the Yorktown Athletic Club and the Huskers," Yorktown Board of Education Board President Jackie Carbone said in a statement. "We look forward to having our athletes and their competitors use the new track."
The track renovation was funded through a 2006 bond, and the multilevel press box was built through donations by the Huskers Club and several others.
"We are delighted to have a press box available for our athletic program to help capture exciting sports highlights and to enhance coaching using videos," Carbone said.
The reopening of the turf field will take place in the spring.
- 1 Mohegan Lake Man, Pastoral Council VP, Faces Child Porn Charges
- 2 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 3 Man Charged With Forcible Touching In Yorktown
- 4 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 5 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl