YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- The Yorktown Central School District launched a redesigned website this month, still at www.yorktown.org.
The project was spearheaded by Amanda Burns, the district's webmaster. The site has expanded news sections and photos, and it is easier to use and view from any device.
"I am thrilled," said Superintendent Dr. Ralph Napolitano. "It will provide our parents and the community with more school news, events and important information in an improved design with easier navigation. I think everyone -- those who are very computer savvy and those who are doing their best to stay current -- will appreciate it for its beauty and accessibility,."
This is the site's first major redesign since 2010, and a mobile app will be ready later this summer. Here are some of site's features:
- The new design automatically formats the site to a user's device -- whether a desktop computer, tablet or smartphone.
- Upcoming events are on a banner on the left, as is the frequently updated Google Calendar.
- Six headings on the district site offer selections of main areas -- Departments, Board of Education, Superintendent, Curriculum and Instruction, Community Links and For Staff.
- Important links, such as Code of Conduct, YCSD Assessment and Child Nutritional Programs are in the center of the homepage and easier to find.
- Each school can be quickly accessed from the top of the page by clicking on “Select a School” so parents, students and staff can easily get to the correct page.
- Rotating slide show galleries will feature updated photos throughout the school year for each school.
- Schools with Twitter account have their recent tweets fed to their school pages.
After giving the site a once-over, send feedback to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.