YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- Voters in the Yorktown School District overwhelmingly approved the 2014-2015 budget, 1,146-369.
The $97 million budget increased spending by 3.2 percent with a tax levy increase of .6 percent, within the state's tax cap on the tax levy.
Yorktown residents will see a .52 percent tax increase, New Castle residents will see a .30 percent tax increase while Cortlandt residents will see taxes increase 3.61 percent.
Anthony D'Alessandro and Michael Magnani were elected to the school board with 994 votes and 922 votes respectively. Edward Ciffone had 574 votes.
- 1 Mohegan Lake Man, Pastoral Council VP, Faces Child Porn Charges
- 2 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 3 Man Charged With Forcible Touching In Yorktown
- 4 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 5 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl