YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- Voters in the Yorktown School District overwhelmingly approved the 2014-2015 budget, 1,146-369.
The $97 million budget increased spending by 3.2 percent with a tax levy increase of .6 percent, within the state's tax cap on the tax levy.
Yorktown residents will see a .52 percent tax increase, New Castle residents will see a .30 percent tax increase while Cortlandt residents will see taxes increase 3.61 percent.
Anthony D'Alessandro and Michael Magnani were elected to the school board with 994 votes and 922 votes respectively. Edward Ciffone had 574 votes.
- 1 State Police Warn Yorktown Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 3 Head Of Yoga Empire With Yorktown Location Faces Rape Allegation
- 4 Cortlandt Manor Man Killed In Hit-And-Run Accident
- 5 Yorktown Woman, 22, Charged With Failing To Pay Fine