YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- Voters in the Yorktown School District overwhelmingly approved the 2014-2015 budget, 1,146-369.
The $97 million budget increased spending by 3.2 percent with a tax levy increase of .6 percent, within the state's tax cap on the tax levy.
Yorktown residents will see a .52 percent tax increase, New Castle residents will see a .30 percent tax increase while Cortlandt residents will see taxes increase 3.61 percent.
Anthony D'Alessandro and Michael Magnani were elected to the school board with 994 votes and 922 votes respectively. Edward Ciffone had 574 votes.
- 1 Mohegan Lake Pet Store Owner Charged With Animal Cruelty
- 2 Yorktown's Amanda Saccomanno Survives 'WWE Tough Enough' Elimination
- 3 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 4 Mohegan Lake Man Faces DWI Charge After Crash
- 5 Second Arrest Made In Animal Cruelty Case Involving Mohegan Lake Pet Shop Owner