YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- Voters in the Yorktown School District overwhelmingly approved the 2014-2015 budget, 1,146-369.
The $97 million budget increased spending by 3.2 percent with a tax levy increase of .6 percent, within the state's tax cap on the tax levy.
Yorktown residents will see a .52 percent tax increase, New Castle residents will see a .30 percent tax increase while Cortlandt residents will see taxes increase 3.61 percent.
Anthony D'Alessandro and Michael Magnani were elected to the school board with 994 votes and 922 votes respectively. Edward Ciffone had 574 votes.
- 1 Slippery Roads Cause Numerous Accidents Throughout Westchester
- 2 Yorktown Man Driving 95 MPH Charged With DWI, Police Say
- 3 Yorktown Central School District Will Be Closed Wednesday
- 4 Yorktown Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 5 Westchester's Highest Snowfall Totals Are Expected North Of I-287