YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- Voters in the Yorktown School District overwhelmingly approved the 2014-2015 budget, 1,146-369.
The $97 million budget increased spending by 3.2 percent with a tax levy increase of .6 percent, within the state's tax cap on the tax levy.
Yorktown residents will see a .52 percent tax increase, New Castle residents will see a .30 percent tax increase while Cortlandt residents will see taxes increase 3.61 percent.
Anthony D'Alessandro and Michael Magnani were elected to the school board with 994 votes and 922 votes respectively. Edward Ciffone had 574 votes.
- 1 Westchester High Schools Rank High Among New York's Best
- 2 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Yorktown; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely
- 3 Snow Could Affect Friday Morning Commute In Yorktown
- 4 Student With Measles Rode Upstate Through Westchester
- 5 Man, 24, In Custody After Shooting Injures Two In Peekskill