YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- Voters in the Yorktown School District overwhelmingly approved the 2014-2015 budget, 1,146-369.
The $97 million budget increased spending by 3.2 percent with a tax levy increase of .6 percent, within the state's tax cap on the tax levy.
Yorktown residents will see a .52 percent tax increase, New Castle residents will see a .30 percent tax increase while Cortlandt residents will see taxes increase 3.61 percent.
Anthony D'Alessandro and Michael Magnani were elected to the school board with 994 votes and 922 votes respectively. Edward Ciffone had 574 votes.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Yorktown Celebrates Class Of 2015 With Graduation At SUNY Purchase
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Yorktown Man Charged With Shoplifting Thermometers
- 5 Restaurateur Found Guilty Of Forcibly Touching Waitress