YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- Voters in the Yorktown School District overwhelmingly approved the 2014-2015 budget, 1,146-369.
The $97 million budget increased spending by 3.2 percent with a tax levy increase of .6 percent, within the state's tax cap on the tax levy.
Yorktown residents will see a .52 percent tax increase, New Castle residents will see a .30 percent tax increase while Cortlandt residents will see taxes increase 3.61 percent.
Anthony D'Alessandro and Michael Magnani were elected to the school board with 994 votes and 922 votes respectively. Edward Ciffone had 574 votes.
- 1 Police Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 2 Man Charged With Driving Four Times Legal Limit In Route 6 Stop
- 3 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 4 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 5 Yorktown's Bruce Apar Set To Appear On Investigation Discovery