YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- Voters in the Yorktown School District overwhelmingly approved the 2014-2015 budget, 1,146-369.
The $97 million budget increased spending by 3.2 percent with a tax levy increase of .6 percent, within the state's tax cap on the tax levy.
Yorktown residents will see a .52 percent tax increase, New Castle residents will see a .30 percent tax increase while Cortlandt residents will see taxes increase 3.61 percent.
Anthony D'Alessandro and Michael Magnani were elected to the school board with 994 votes and 922 votes respectively. Edward Ciffone had 574 votes.
- 1 Motorcyclist, 29, Killed In Taconic State Parkway Crash In Yorktown Is ID'd
- 2 Yorktown's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 3 Weekly Poll: Political '14
- 4 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home
- 5 Yorktown Student Is Basis Of Discussion At Pleasantville's Jacob Burns