YORKTOWN HEIGHTS, N.Y. -- Fourth-grade students from Crompond School hosted a day of colonial life with hands-on activities on Friday, March 28.
Students stepped back in time and dressed as American colonialists, worked with teachers and parent volunteers to participate in workshops, sang and participated in performances.
The annual spring event integrated studies of social studies, English language arts, music and physical education, churning butter, spinning clothing fiber, dipping candles, playing colonial games and other activities.
- 1 Mohegan Lake Man, Pastoral Council VP, Faces Child Porn Charges
- 2 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 3 Mother Of Croton Child Who Died Upgraded To Serious Condition
- 4 Man Charged With Forcible Touching In Yorktown
- 5 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M