YORKTOWN HEIGHTS, N.Y. -- Fourth-grade students from Crompond School hosted a day of colonial life with hands-on activities on Friday, March 28.
Students stepped back in time and dressed as American colonialists, worked with teachers and parent volunteers to participate in workshops, sang and participated in performances.
The annual spring event integrated studies of social studies, English language arts, music and physical education, churning butter, spinning clothing fiber, dipping candles, playing colonial games and other activities.
- 1 Fiery Head-On Collision Leads To DWI Charges For Two Yorktown Residents
- 2 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 3 Mohegan Lake Man Breaks Nose Of Former Employee, Police Say
- 4 Yorktown Man Who Crashes Into Pole Charged With DWI, Police Say
- 5 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Yorktown