YORKTOWN HEIGHTS, N.Y. -- Fourth-grade students from Crompond School hosted a day of colonial life with hands-on activities on Friday, March 28.
Students stepped back in time and dressed as American colonialists, worked with teachers and parent volunteers to participate in workshops, sang and participated in performances.
The annual spring event integrated studies of social studies, English language arts, music and physical education, churning butter, spinning clothing fiber, dipping candles, playing colonial games and other activities.
- 1 Man Charged With Driving Four Times Legal Limit In Route 6 Stop
- 2 Yorktown's Bruce Apar Set To Appear On Investigation Discovery
- 3 Woman Spits At, Kicks Westchester Officers During DWI Arrest, Say Police
- 4 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 5 Mother Of 6-Year-Old Lacey Carr Of Croton Is No Longer At Hospital