YORKTOWN HEIGHTS, N.Y. -- Fourth-grade students from Crompond School hosted a day of colonial life with hands-on activities on Friday, March 28.
Students stepped back in time and dressed as American colonialists, worked with teachers and parent volunteers to participate in workshops, sang and participated in performances.
The annual spring event integrated studies of social studies, English language arts, music and physical education, churning butter, spinning clothing fiber, dipping candles, playing colonial games and other activities.
- 1 Assemblyman Katz Calls For Speaker Silver To Resign
- 2 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Yorktown, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Yorktown
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 18 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Yorktown; Blizzard Warning Issued