YORKTOWN HEIGHTS, N.Y. -- Fourth-grade students from Crompond School hosted a day of colonial life with hands-on activities on Friday, March 28.
Students stepped back in time and dressed as American colonialists, worked with teachers and parent volunteers to participate in workshops, sang and participated in performances.
The annual spring event integrated studies of social studies, English language arts, music and physical education, churning butter, spinning clothing fiber, dipping candles, playing colonial games and other activities.
- 1 Yorktown Heights Resident Indicted In Metro-North Test Cheating Ring
- 2 Yorktown Man Charged With Shoplifting Thermometers
- 3 Restaurateur Found Guilty Of Forcibly Touching Waitress
- 4 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 5 Service Dog Stolen From Car In Cortlandt Town Center