NEW ROCHELLE, N.Y. -- Trailing from start to finish, the Peekskill girls basketball team could not overcome an early deficit in a 62-47 loss to Maine-Enwell in the Class A state regional final at New Rochelle High School.
The Section 1 champion Red Devils trailed by 13 points at halftime and got as close as 41-32 midway through the third quarter but could not break through Maine-Enwell's tight defense and strong inside offensive game.
Lanay Rodney led Peekskill with 16 points, 10 in the second half.
Maine-Enwell advanced to the New York State Public High Schools Athletic Association championship Final four and will play a semfinal game next Saturday, March 15 at Hudson Valley Community College in upstate Troy.
The Red Devils won their second consecutive Section 1 title last week.
- 1 Several Westchester Towns Ranked Among New York's Safest To Live In
- 2 15-Year-Old Yorktown Boy Charged With Making Threat Against School
- 3 Dante's III In Yorktown Heights Is Changing Owners
- 4 State Advises Parents To Be Aware Of Signs Of Serious Respiratory Virus
- 5 National Weather Service: Yorktown's Winter Won't Be So Bad