YORKTOWN, N.Y. – Six Yorktown students have advanced to Saturday's district portion of the Elks Lodge's Annual Hoop Shoot Tournament.
Allison Torres of Brookside Elementary School and Marco Landicino of Crompond Intermediate School were the winners in the 8-9 age group.
Sierra Mancusso of St. Patrick's School and Sebastian Cano of St. Patrick's were the winners in the 10-11 age group.
Valerie Potenza of Copper Beech Middle School and Kyle Harrison of Copper Beech were the winners in the 12-13 age group.
Students were required to shoot 25 free throws, and those with the highest number of baskets advanced to the next round.
The district round will be held at Arlington High School beginning at 10 a.m., but students need to arrive at 9 to register.
The Yorktown winners will compete against kids representing six other lodges, according to Michael Littleton, local Hoop Shoot chairman.
"I am looking forward to seeing our athletes on Saturday," he said. "If they win this week, they will go to Long Island to compete for the regionals. Good luck to all of them."
- 1 Mohegan Lake Man, Pastoral Council VP, Faces Child Porn Charges
- 2 Nearly One Million Bicycles Are Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 3 Mother Of Croton Child Who Died Upgraded To Serious Condition
- 4 Man Charged With Forcible Touching In Yorktown
- 5 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M