YORKTOWN HEIGHTS, N.Y. – Yorktown boasted four champions and had seven place finishers in winning the Mid-Hudson Wrestling Tournament Friday at Arlington High School.
Joe Mastro (152 pounds), Thomas Murray (182), Steven Sabella (195) and David Varian (285) won their respective weight classes. Mastro was selected the most outstanding senor wrestler.
Jimmy Kaishian (126) placed second, Kyle Santucci (145) finished third and Avik Mohan (220) took fifth.
“I think we all wrestled well, as a team,” Mastro said. “We knew it would take some pins, where possible, to take home the team trophy and everyone got them where possible.”
- 1 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash
- 2 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 3 Somers Businessman Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud
- 4 Serious Multi-Vehicle Accident Closes Saw Mill River Parkway
- 5 Police: Drugs, Alcohol May Have Been Involved In Verplanck Woman's Death