YORKTOWN HEIGHTS, N.Y. – Yorktown boasted four champions and had seven place finishers in winning the Mid-Hudson Wrestling Tournament Friday at Arlington High School.
Joe Mastro (152 pounds), Thomas Murray (182), Steven Sabella (195) and David Varian (285) won their respective weight classes. Mastro was selected the most outstanding senor wrestler.
Jimmy Kaishian (126) placed second, Kyle Santucci (145) finished third and Avik Mohan (220) took fifth.
“I think we all wrestled well, as a team,” Mastro said. “We knew it would take some pins, where possible, to take home the team trophy and everyone got them where possible.”
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Yorktown Celebrates Class Of 2015 With Graduation At SUNY Purchase
- 3 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 4 Yorktown Man Charged With Shoplifting Thermometers
- 5 Credit Card Skimmer Discovery At Area Bank Prompts Concern