WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Yorktown High School won its first boys lacrosse state championship since 2003 and seventh overall by defeating Jamesville-DeWitt 10-9 in the New York State Class B championship game at Hofstra University on Saturday.
Game MVP Luke Palmadesso, a two-time All-American, won 19-of-23 faceoffs for Yorktown (18-5).
Defensive MVP Austin Fusco scored a huge goal with Yorktown clinging to a one-goal lead midway through the fourth quarter after a takeaway check with the Huskers a man down and then going end to end to score with his long pole to extend the Huskers' lead to 10-8.
Nicky Bonitatibus had two goals and two assists for Yorktown. Connor Vercruysse had two goals and one assist and Nick DelBene also scored two goals.
- 1 State Police Warn Yorktown Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Head Of Yoga Empire With Yorktown Location Faces Rape Allegation
- 3 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Crash On Sprain Brook
- 4 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield
- 5 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York