WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Yorktown High School won its first boys lacrosse state championship since 2003 and seventh overall by defeating Jamesville-DeWitt 10-9 in the New York State Class B championship game at Hofstra University on Saturday.
Game MVP Luke Palmadesso, a two-time All-American, won 19-of-23 faceoffs for Yorktown (18-5).
Defensive MVP Austin Fusco scored a huge goal with Yorktown clinging to a one-goal lead midway through the fourth quarter after a takeaway check with the Huskers a man down and then going end to end to score with his long pole to extend the Huskers' lead to 10-8.
Nicky Bonitatibus had two goals and two assists for Yorktown. Connor Vercruysse had two goals and one assist and Nick DelBene also scored two goals.
- 1 9-, 11-Year-Old Mohegan Lake Boys Charged In Burglaries
- 2 Yorktown Man, 66, Charged With Distributing Crystal Meth
- 3 Man Is Charged With Shooting Arrows At Mohegan Lake Adult Home Employee
- 4 Body Found In Hudson River Near West Point
- 5 Lakeland/Panas Product Takes Maryland To NCAA Women's Final Four