WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Yorktown High School won its first boys lacrosse state championship since 2003 and seventh overall by defeating Jamesville-DeWitt 10-9 in the New York State Class B championship game at Hofstra University on Saturday.
Game MVP Luke Palmadesso, a two-time All-American, won 19-of-23 faceoffs for Yorktown (18-5).
Defensive MVP Austin Fusco scored a huge goal with Yorktown clinging to a one-goal lead midway through the fourth quarter after a takeaway check with the Huskers a man down and then going end to end to score with his long pole to extend the Huskers' lead to 10-8.
Nicky Bonitatibus had two goals and two assists for Yorktown. Connor Vercruysse had two goals and one assist and Nick DelBene also scored two goals.
- 1 Trump's Presidential Run Puts Spotlight On His Northern Westchester Estate
- 2 Police Corral 90-Pound Alligator Crossing Street In New York City
- 3 Man ID'd In I-87 Fatal Motorcycle Crash
- 4 Man, 24, Killed In Sprain Brook Parkway One-Car Crash ID'd
- 5 From Lakeland HS To Country's Biggest Stage, Jessica Lynn Continues Rise