Please, reporter Brian Marshauser, do your homework! The quotes from the CDC originated from material written by a dentist who had not published any papers on fluoride before, and an economist. Neither of them had any credentials in toxicology, which is what is required to accurately assess the dangers of this poison..
Our little Calif. seaside town voted out water fluoridation after 44 years of ingesting this poison - Hydrofluosilicic Acid - HFSA for short a toxic industrial waste product. Our children had 70% cavities (per local dentist), high obesity, low test scores and our cancer, thyroid disease, diabetes and kidney disease are extremely high across the board. In 2011, one 17 yr old died of osteosarcoma, a rare bone disease linked to fluoride ingestion.
It is not unusual that your council members, like ours, did not do their homework either. Just consider for a moment that your water dept is dispensing medication, not taking health histories, probably not giving out a listing of side-effects (everything from fluorosis - the first visible sign of fluoride poisoning to seizures for those severely allergic to this poison), and not regulating the dose. For those allergic to medications containing fluoride like CIPRO, there is the added danger.
All in all, I would say that your professionals are pretty much like ours were until they started researching HFSA and that the NSF, and the providers/suppliers/distributors of "fluoride" cannot vouch for it's safety and effectiveness. Just call or write to your supplier and see if they will supply just one toxicological report, listing of contaminants or proof that their products is safe and effective for all water consumers from infants to seniors. Answer, they won't. How do I know? I wrote to over 40 of them in the USA, Canada and Mexico.
After serving on the city council for 4 years, I'm proud to say one of my greatest accomplishments was helping to get this poison voted out by an educated public from our drinking water by placing a moratorium until our supplier provides all the information requested.
Lastly, follow the money trail. It's never been about saving kids teeth. It's all about the money and the millions saved by not dumping toxic industrial waste appropriately, but instead using our populace as the filtering systems for this poison. Even the EPA and CDC admits fluoride works topically, not systemically. Even the EPA admitted in 2011 that 41% of our nations teens
now have fluorosis which is why they adjusted the dose down to .7ppm.
So a big pat on the back for Council member Dave Paganelli for voting against this. He's on the right track.
What a waste of $150,000-$250,000 of your money. That's a real tragedy in today's economy. View Comment