NORTHERN WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Here's a look at last week's stories from around Northern Westchester County.
- Briarcliff resident Noura Yousef, 26, was arrested on drug charges after police in Westport, Conn., said they found her asleep at the wheel with a pound of meth in her car on Post Road East near Compo Road just after midnight Tuesday.
- Yvette Burcescu, a junior at Walter Panas High School in Cortlandt Manor, was named the 2016-2017 Gatorade New York Volleyball Player of the Year.
- Byram Hills Schools Superintendent Bill Donohue informed community members Tuesday that a threatening post was made on social media by a person, who has since been arrested by North Castle Police.
- Shrub Oak International School, which is affiliated with a Manhattan-based network of for-profit schools, is planning to open a facility for autistic teens and adults at the former Phoenix Academy on Stoney Street.
- Yorktown High School's dancers put their best foot forward at the school's annual dance show held on Friday and Saturday.
- Conservative radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh went on a rant Wednesday about Greenburgh Supervisor Paul Feiner's suggestion that an "Almost Presidential Museum Library" be created to recognize the contributions of Chappaqua's Hillary Clinton and four other presidential candidates who won the popular vote but lost the Electoral College.
- Three individuals who are accused of painting graffiti that included swastikas onto playground equipment at the shuttered Lewisboro Elementary School are students in the Katonah-Lewisboro School District, according to Superintendent Andrew Selesnick.
- Siegel Bros. Marketplace, an old-school, family-run business, held its “soft opening” Friday, Jan. 20, on South Moger Avenue in Mount Kisco.
- Firefighters put out a blaze that consumed a garbage truck in front of Robert E. Bell Middle School early Wednesday morning, according to the Chappaqua Fire Department.
- A Putnam Valley man was charged Sunday, Jan. 15, with stealing more than $1,000 from a cash register at the Sears store at the Jefferson Valley Mall, according to Yorktown Police.
- Two people were recently arrested in Croton-on-Hudson and charged with possessing drugs.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.