WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A 52-year-old man has been sentenced to 18 years to life in state prison for burglarizing homes in and around Westchester counties, including Harrison, Irvington, Rye Brook, Tarrytown, Bedford, New Castle and Mamaroneck. Click here to read the story.
Some others top stories of the week include (Click on the link to read the entire story):
- The Ardsley woman who admitted to defrauding Westchester County donors out of more than $50,000 by misrepresenting the fact that she had terminal cancer has pleaded guilty to wire fraud.
- A Westchester gym teacher has filed a lawsuit after being struck in the head by an errant golf club thrown by a man having a rough day on the links at Dunwoodie Golf Course in Yonkers.
- A pair of partners in crime victimized a local man during a strong-arm robbery in which they held a razor knife to the victim's throat as they ripped off his wallet in Northern Westchester.
- A 23-year-old man is behind bars after police say he was in possession of an illegal handgun during a domestic dispute in Northern Westchester.
- Toys "R" Us, which filed for bankruptcy last fall, plans to close as many as 182 outlets, about one-fifth of its total number of stores across the country.
- A whole host of new jobs are heading to the Hudson Valley, as the MTA announced a $1.4 billion contract that will be awarded to Kawasaki to build state-of-the-art subway cars in Westchester.
- Former Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino said he’s giving up politics, for now.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.