YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- Yorktown-based Support Connection Inc. offers a wide range of free support groups women with breast and ovarian cancer.
Groups focus on topics pertaining to living with cancer through all stages of diagnosis, treatment and post-treatment. They are offered in Westchester, Putnam and Dutchess, and by toll-free teleconference.
Click here for a complete calendar of groups at all locations . Advance registration is required for all groups, call 914-962-6402 or 800-532-4290.
The following support groups are scheduled in Westchester in March:
- At the support connection office in Yorktown:
- Breast and Ovarian Cancer Support Group: Thursday, March 3, at 10 a.m.
- Young Women’s Support Group: For women who have or had breast or ovarian cancer at a young age. Wednesday, March 9, at 7 p.m.
- Advanced Stage Cancer Support Group: For women living with advanced stage or recurrent breast or ovarian cancer. Friday, March 18, at 12:30 p.m.
- Breast and Ovarian Cancer Support Group: Tuesday, March 22, at 7 p.m.
- At New York-Presbyterian/Hudson Valley Hospital In Cortlandt Manor:
- Breast Cancer Support Group: Monday, March 21, at 7 p.m.
- At Northern Westchester Hospital at Chappaqua Crossing, Chappaqua:
- Breast and Ovarian Cancer Support Group: Wednesday, March 2, at 7 p.m.
- By teleconference:
- For those unable to attend groups in-person, there are monthly telephone support groups via toll-free teleconference, enabling women to participate regardless of their location and from the comfort of their homes. Call a few days ahead to learn how to participate.
- The Advanced Stage or Metastatic Breast Cancer Telephone Group will take place on Monday, March 7, at 8 p.m..
- The Ovarian Cancer Telephone Group will take place on Wednesday, March 9, at 8 p.m.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.