YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- Nine student athletes from five varsity teams signed national Letters of Intent for next year.
Four girl lacrosse players and two boy lacrosse players topped out a group of Yorktown High School student-athletes on Tuesday, and signed early Letters of Intent to play sports in college starting next year. Three others will play baseball, ice hockey and softball and also signed Letters of Intent.
"This represents the largest group of early signing athletes," said Athletic Director Fio Nardone, who has been at Yorktown High School for 15 years.
Nardone said this was an exceptional group of athletes and students.
“Clearly, it is a combination of high school teams and coaches, outside coaches, parents and talented athletes," Nardone said. We have a strong history of signings, but I am particularly happy at how many sports are represented.”
The following students received Letters of Intent:
- Boys Lacrosse: Liam Donnelly (Rutgers University), Tyler Makar (St. Joseph's College)
- Baseball--Jack Kelly (Manhattan College)
- Ice Hockey-- Madison Drezek (Adrian College)
- Softball -- Gianna Degaltini (Canisius College)
- Girls Lacrosse--Casey Duff (Syracuse), Ashley Stilo (University of Virginia), Kaitlyn Comerford (Villanova University), Caileigh Lampersberger (Manhattan College)
In the attached photo, from left to right: Back row: Caileigh Lampersberger, Ashley Stilo, Kaitlyn Comerford, Liam Donnelly, Tyler Makar and Jack Kelly. Front row: Madison Dresek, Gianna Degaltini and Casey Duff.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.